Re: Cooperating on .defs API specifications

From: Xavier Ordoquy
Subject: Re: Cooperating on .defs API specifications
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:31:33 +0200

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 00:15, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Strange, in our gtk_methods.defs, which I generated with your h2defs.py
> yesterday, I have
>
> (define-function gtk_accel_map_get
>   (c-name "gtk_accel_map_get")
>   (return-type "GtkAccelMap*")
> )

Yes it's correct. But pygtk .defs files are slightly reworked.

> By the way, that's a fairly unusual function:
> GtkAccelMap *gtk_accel_map_get      (void);
> Most others take a object instance as the first parameter.

That was just an example to show some specific things in pygtk. All
languages don't have strong namespaces as Python does.
However, I'm pretty sure we can move that naming issue to the code
generator so it's not a big deal.

I don't have really an opinion about XML vs scheme. XML would need some
work in either the h2def file and code generator, but I don't really see
what it would bring in.