[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: g-wrap? libffi?
Re: g-wrap? libffi?
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:24:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Steve Tell <address@hidden> writes:
> > Where can I find g-wrap 1.9.1?
> Have a look at http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/. I still have to fix the
> guile-gnome homepage.
> > within a gcc distribution. Is there really no way to get libffi (and
> > therefore build g-wrap) without downloading a whole gcc distribution?
> Well, libffi is available for Debian (package libffi2-dev).
It seems that libffi2-dev for debian is built out of the gcc sources,
which I was hoping to avoid downloading.
Extensive googling pointed out:
- libffi developers are considering doing releases apart from gcc again
- some other projects that depend on libffi distribute their own tarballs
already (example: PyObjC). The Ctypes project is considering it.
Might I suggest that until official standalone libffi tarballs are
available, any released g-wrap include a copy of libffi or distribute a
suitable libffi-tarball alongside g-wrap-*.gz?
A requirement to download gcc sources and patch the libffi subdirectory
to build by itself before building g-wrap is a bit onerous.
I found libffi-src-20030921.tar.gz
and g-wrap-1.9.1 seems to build OK with that.
Any reason to expect that it might actually work?
I'll be trying the examples in the documentation shortly.
Anyway, thanks for responding to my whining, Andreas.
- g-wrap? libffi?, Steve Tell, 2004/08/03
- Re: g-wrap? libffi?, Andreas Rottmann, 2004/08/03
- Re: g-wrap? libffi?,
Steve Tell <=
- Re: g-wrap? libffi?, Andreas Rottmann, 2004/08/04
- g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Steve Tell, 2004/08/12
- Re: g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Andy Wingo, 2004/08/15
- Re: g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Steve Tell, 2004/08/16
- Re: g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Andy Wingo, 2004/08/17
- Re: g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Steve Tell, 2004/08/27
- Re: g-wrap <gw-guile-wct> questions, Andreas Rottmann, 2004/08/18