Re: guile-gnome-glib 2.3.993

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: guile-gnome-glib 2.3.993
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:39:52 +1000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> glib/NEWS got a big update. I tried to make it look like Guile's NEWS;
> it's a helpful format.

I guess it comes from emacs, but I find it a bit verbose, especially
when say guile itself is getting 1000 lines of stuff between releases
:).  Becomes very hard to skim over looking for say fixed and new
funcs or stuff.

> docs/ is now in the tarball. Whoops!

Automake can generate version.texi for you, if you just want package
version and date, when you're ready to have it handle the texis.

> Still TODO: suitable READMEs in the toplevel pkg directory, explaining
> how the source is laid out (i.e., independent packages in subdirs).

Don't forget copyright/license notices in all files.