2.15.90 defs issues for gtk-menu-popup

From: steve tell
Subject: 2.15.90 defs issues for gtk-menu-popup
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

While getting gtk-menu-popup to work in guile-gnome-platform 2.15.90
(g-wrap-1.9.7, guile 1.6.7),
I found a couple of little bugs:
- gdk-event-button:time is missing from  (gnome gtk gdk-event)
- The 4th argument to the C function gtk_menu_popup(), "GtkMenuPositionFunc func", is optional in the C bindings, but not in the guile-gnome-platform defs.

Fixing those (patch attached) lets somthing like this work properly, which is good enough for my current application:

              (gtk-menu-popup menu #f #f  #f #f
                              (gdk-event-button:button event)
                              (gdk-event-button:time event))

But if I needed to use the menu-positioning feature, is it possible to create a working GtkMenuPositionFunc from guile, and if so, how?

Another oddity is that the defs suggest that instead of
        (gtk-menu-popup menu ...)
there ought to be a generic function popup defined for a GtkMenu, but if I write:

              (popup menu #f #f    #f  #f
                              (gdk-event-button:button event)
                              (gdk-event-button:time event))

it chokes with:

ERROR: No applicable method for #<<generic> popup (2)> in call (popup #<<gtk-menu> b7d27270> #f #f #f #f 3 2707132411)