Re: stability and testing

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: stability and testing
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:52:08 +0200

On Fri 06 Jun 2008 13:45, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Op vrijdag 06-06-2008 om 12:54 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Patrick
> Bernaud:
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
>> Only this one is an error. Other are 'only' warnings (you can filter
>> them out by adding a '-Wnone' option to automake in autogen.sh line
>> 93).
>
> Thanks!  Duh.  Now I wonder, if the others, e.g.
>
>     atk/tests/Makefile.am:3: wrapset_stem multiply defined in condition
>
> are not errors, isn't it time for a feature request to add `:warning'
> to the message?

So, for me this is just automake being stupid. Hopefully over the next
six months to a year something better than automake can come. In the bzr
repo I have this warned out.

Thanks for testing though, last week I rolled a 2.16.0 but didn't manage
to get it out because I wanted to have a tagged repository (e.g.: "this
revision is 2.16.0"). It seems that we hit a bzr bug:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/239499

Not sure the origin of that one. Anyway, they tell me there will be some
kind of workaround. So I'm holding off publicizing the tarball until the
bzr situation is sorted out, one way or the other. It's in here though:

  http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/guile-gnome-platform/

Cheers, and thanks for the testitude,

Andy
--