guile-sources

Re: scm2bin.scm 1.0

From: Joshua Judson Rosen
Subject: Re: scm2bin.scm 1.0
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:00:16 -0400

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 04:14:48AM -0400, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
>    Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:58:50 -0400
>    From: address@hidden (Paul Jarc)
>
>    Why not just add the usual stanza at the top of SCRIPT, and use
>    SCRIPT alone as the SHELL value?
>
> cron expects SHELL to name a command interpreter, not a cron job.

Then, with Paul's stanza, you could just leave SHELL as /bin/sh,
couldn't you? ;)

If you're using `(getenv "SHELL")' somewhere inside your scripts, you
could even set SHELL in the stanza..., though, it does seem hairier to
manually add the same header to every one of your scripts, and that
might be what your `scm2bin' is doing, as far as I know (I think that
I'll go read it, now ;))....

But, I'm a little confused, now.... Just what kind of crontab entries
are you writing?

--
"Telling the truth to people who misunderstand you
 is generally promoting a falsehood, isn't it?" --A. Hope