guile-sources

Re: timezone offsets

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: timezone offsets
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:55:23 +1000

Aaron VanDevender <address@hidden> writes:

> So since we're trying to replicate POSIX functionality here,
> shouldn't we conclude that the manual is in error since it contradicts
> POSIX?

I think posix and c99 as such don't include tm_gmtoff, it's a BSD
extension or something.

    http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/time.h.html

It'd be great if we had a time machine to go back to 1997 and have the
same sign when first introduced in guile :-), but I believe it's too
late now.  I think the pain of reversing something long documented is
greater than the annoyance of having to pay attention to west versus
east.

As a justification, pretend guile is following the TZ variable, which
is westwards. :)