Re: Portability testers, please: getting the stack base

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: Portability testers, please: getting the stack base
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:49:20 +0200 (CEST)

On 11 Oct 2000, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have finally added code to libguile to find the stack base.  This
> means that it is no longer necessary to use scm_boot_guile, you can
> also use the newer scm_init_guile, which will return immediatly after
> initializing Guile.
>
> However, the code is *very* platform dependent and I can't really test
> it.  So please update from CVS and try to compile when you think you
> have an unusal platform.

Trying this on ix86 Linux, I got it compile, but after starting my
program I got the following segfault:

0x400bbcc9 in scm_the_root_module () at modules.c:70
70        return SCM_CDR (the_root_module);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x400bbcc9 in scm_the_root_module () at modules.c:70
#1  0x400d0b4d in scm_shell (argc=0, argv=0x0) at script.c:647
#2  0x8048876 in sc_main () at cglame.c:39
#3  0x40062a6a in glame_init_with_guile (main=0x8048864 <sc_main>)
    at glmid.c:134
#4  0x804891b in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff864) at cglame.c:70
(gdb)

Note, I just replaced my call to gh_enter(..); with
scm_init_guile(); main();

Also linking with guile configured without --with-treads does not
work, as some qt_ symbols are undefined - seems to be soemthing
is using qthreads even if they are not configured.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>
WWW: http://www.anatom.uni-tuebingen.de/~richi/