Re: Portability testers, please: getting the stack base

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Portability testers, please: getting the stack base
Date: 18 Oct 2000 20:23:49 +0200

Richard Guenther <address@hidden> writes:

> Trying this on ix86 Linux, I got it compile, but after starting my
> program I got the following segfault:

> 0x400bbcc9 in scm_the_root_module () at modules.c:70
> 70        return SCM_CDR (the_root_module);
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x400bbcc9 in scm_the_root_module () at modules.c:70
> #1  0x400d0b4d in scm_shell (argc=0, argv=0x0) at script.c:647

This looks bogus, doesn't it?

> #2  0x8048876 in sc_main () at cglame.c:39
> #3  0x40062a6a in glame_init_with_guile (main=0x8048864 <sc_main>)
>     at glmid.c:134
> #4  0x804891b in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff864) at cglame.c:70
> (gdb)
>
> Note, I just replaced my call to gh_enter(..); with
> scm_init_guile(); main();

You didn't really call the global `main' function here, did you?  And
not without arguments, right?

> Also linking with guile configured without --with-treads does not
> work, as some qt_ symbols are undefined - seems to be soemthing is
> using qthreads even if they are not configured.

I doubt that this has anything to do with `gc_os_dep.c'.  When you
switch threading support in libguile, you probably have to recompile
everything that uses it.

Anyway, can you try to investigate this further?  Can you show the
exact code that you used?