Re: need help w/ "ERROR: bad recipient"

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: need help w/ "ERROR: bad recipient"
Date: 17 Jan 2001 16:07:42 -0600

Matt Wette <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I'm stumped.  Does anyone see my error below?  I'm reading
> through lines in a file to find the first line that matches a
> particular RE.  -- Matt

At first I thought it was the read-line that was somehow causing the
problem since grepping the guile source indicates that "bad recipient"
is printed by expect.scm, but after seeing that read-line doesn't have
anything to do with expect.scm, I grepped all the source and saw that
eval.c also prints this message when you have something do wrong in a
=> cond clause, so something's probably wrong there...

Turns out, you've got an extra #f in your => clause.  I believe the =>
clause should only take one form after the test which must evaluate to
a procedure.

Hope this helps.