Re: guile-doc html Re: GUILE FAQ

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: guile-doc html Re: GUILE FAQ
Date: 26 Jan 2001 11:05:51 +0000

    Steve> Since I prefer to browse my online guile docs in html, I
    Steve> whipped up the attached patch against guile-doc CVS
    Steve> (updated a few minutes ago).  Seems to work - YMMV, as
    Steve> usual.

    Neil> Thanks for this - it works for me too, so I will apply it
    Neil> tonight or tomorrow.

OK, I've now applied changes based on your patch but

        - adding the HTML stuff to existing directories rather than a
          new one, since the current organization is by topic, not by
          doc format

        - making the building of HTML doc a configurable option.

Thanks again.

Regards,
        Neil

PS. Here's the NEWS excerpt:

* It's now possible to build HTML documentation as well as Info

The guile-doc distribution now supports building HTML versions of the
Guile tutorial and reference manual, in addition to the standard Info
documentation.  To enable this, include the `--enable-html' option
when you run `./configure':

     ./configure --enable-html

HTML documentation is installed in $(prefix)/html/guile-$(VERSION).