Re: uniform-array

From: Masao Uebayashi
Subject: Re: uniform-array
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:30:28 +0900

> > Can I convert an uniform-array object to a list?
> > array->list doesn't work for me.
>
> Could you post an example (preferably small), please?

I tried to convert uniform-array of bytes into list. I now can see
that it's possible to convert uniform-array of char can be
array-list'ed.

  guile> (define a (make-uniform-array #\a 3))
  guile> (array->list a)
  (#\a #\a #\a)
  guile> (define b (make-uniform-array #\nul 3))
  guile> (array->list b)

  Backtrace:
  0* [array->list #y(0 0 0)]

  ERROR: In procedure array->list in expression (array->list b):
  ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1: #y(0 0 0)
  ABORT: (wrong-type-arg)

BTW, I can easily abort guile by doing this:

  guile> (make-uniform-array #\nul '(0 -2))
  zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  guile

Masao

---