Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:16:44 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> have a look at some more Guile logo stuff.

Way cool.  IMO, the lower case logos look nicer.  My overall favorites are
the
  (guile <GNU>)     a)
one and the
  (<GNU>)           b)
one.  Both with or without color.

Thus, my suggestion is to use a) as one 'explicit' logo to be used for
some "Powered by guile" icon and for headings and such.  Or, more
basically, everywhere one has to expect that there are people who don't
know about guile yet, and who could not make sense of a GNU within
parentheses only.

For all other cases, like for example if you want to use the logo as a
bullet character in a textual enumeration, the logo b) is quite nice.  Or
imagine some text where you wanted to explain how to do perlish things in
guile.  Every paragraph of perl code would begin with a camel, and the
corresponding guile code would start with the b) logo variant.  Nice...

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann