Re: Is my procedure getting GCed?

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Is my procedure getting GCed?
Date: 01 May 2001 20:44:08 +0300

address@hidden (Bill Gribble) writes:

> On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 07:59:01PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
> > scm_protect_object (fProc); // once fProc is intialized, of course
> > scm_unprotect_object (fProc);
> This may be more Ritual Incantation than reasoned action, but I
> believe you also need to make sure to call unprotect/protect when you
> assign a new value to the C struct slot

in fact, the more I think about the semantics of scm_protect, the more
I tend to think it's not really convenient.

perhaps what is needed is a simple interface to add/remove GC root
locations, a-la Boehm.

so you would say `scm_gc_add_root (&fProc)' and not worry about it.

C program run -- Run program run -- Run, C program, Run! -- (please)