Re: To gh_ or not to gh_?

From: Jürgen A. Erhard
Subject: Re: To gh_ or not to gh_?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:58:17 +0200

    Jeff> I don't know how the Guile developers feel but it seems to me as
    Jeff> though Microsoft .NET got there sooner, and did it better. At least,
    Jeff> that's the perception, as everybody and their brother (even the Perl
    Jeff> and Python guys) are rallying behind .NET as THE cross-platform,
    Jeff> language-agnostic development solution. (There is even a .NET Scheme
    Jeff> implementation somewhere...)

The Python guys are rallying behind `.NET'?  Where did you get this
from?

AFAICT, *some* Python guys (all of those working on Windows platforms)
*like* `.NET'.  *All* of Python?  Not by a long shot...

Python is pretty multi-platform already, not much urgent need for
`.NET' here.

Bye, J

PS: It follows that "Everybody and their brother" is of course
patently false... for one, *I'm* not rallying behind it... I won't
even use it unless there's a free implementation for Linux.  And my
brother isn't even in the computer business... :-)

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    address@hidden   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard