Why doesn't gh_enter() return?

From: Sam Tregar
Subject: Why doesn't gh_enter() return?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 03:33:28 -0400 (EDT)

Simple question, maybe it has a simple answer?  Is there any way to
construct a guile interpreter, store it away and then use it later?  As
far as I can tell I'm going to need to find some way to do this if my
plans for Inline::Guile are going to be successful.

Maybe I can just longjmp back out of the function I pass to gh_enter()?
Any predictions as to how much I would break by doing that?

Thanks!
-sam