Re: easy script for telling which guile versions we are using?

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: easy script for telling which guile versions we are using?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:32:46 +0200

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:42:31PM -0700, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
: so, from the configure.in author's perspective, guile goodies would be
: accessed like so:
:
:        AC_PATH_PROG(GUILE,guile)
:        GUILE_FLAGS
:        GUILE_VERSION                  # sets var of same name
:        GUILE_FEATURES                 # ditto
:
: would this be useful to you?  alternate suggestions?  other things guile
: users might find useful in writing their configure.in files?

Maybe a GUILE_RUN([scheme-block], [if-ok], [if-failed]) macro?

You might actually want to rename the macros to GUILE_AC_* instead, so
you take advantage of the Autoconf feature that will warn the developer
if the macro isn't expanded.

BTW, it has always irritated me that LIBS and LDFLAGS are mixed for
guile-config.  Any particular reason?

  Lars J