Retrieve output from command

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Retrieve output from command
Date: 31 Jul 2001 17:43:45 +0200

I'm trying to get the result of the command "ls" in a list, for
example :
        (define l (system->list "ls"))

I've tried 'system' but it doesn't work since it returns the exit code
of the command. Maybe, I will be able to do that using port, but maybe
there's already a library to do such things.

--
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than

_Manuel Giraud_