Re: Various syntax

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Various syntax
Date: 20 Sep 2001 12:42:03 -0700

    MG> I've think about something that would be great to have not
    MG> only in guile but in Scheme in general. I'd like to define
    MG> syntax that are not only prefix and Lisp-ish syntax. For
    MG> example, I may want to create a C-like syntax.

Well, I think you have some interesting points here, but I'm not
entirely sure that I'm really into a Scheme that is a universal
computer language creator. I kind of like R5RS + syntax extensions.

But you may be interested in some of the earlier ideas for Guile. One
was a C-like syntax like the one you mentioned, called ctax. Another
is Thomas Bushnell's work to make a Python interpreter on top of
Guile.

This might be an extensible idea -- working with something like GNU
Lightning or even the Guile VM. Anyways, if you're really
interestested, searching on Google for those keywords might be a good
starting point.

Me, I like parentheses.

~ESP

--