Re: newbie question

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: newbie question
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:16:15 +0100

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:34:46 -0600 (CST)
>
> i'd like to know what is the proper way to call guile fct from a program
> in order to get the guile propmt when i run the program linked to it.
>
> i've found 2 docs stating different aproaches:
>
> 1/    gh_enter(argc, argv, inner_main);
> 2/    scm_boot_guile(argc, argv, inner_main, 0);
>
> then both doc suggest calling ./pgm without arg an this should return
> guile prompt back.
>
> well it doesn't return anything in my case and complain about usage.

Could you please be more specific, especially:

* How exactly do you call these functions,
* What is the exact error message.

> please not other option including script and scheme intructions between
> single quote work fine with my program.
> so i build correctly , but i'd also like to get guile> when using the
> right comand line argument .

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here.

> secondly i'd like to know if i understand correctly where to pass the
> program arguments .
> what is used to do before linking to guile, was :
> ./pgm arg1 arg2 arg3
>
> now readin the same (obsolete?) doc i found that arg should go after '--'
> , like in :
> ./pgm -- arg1 arg2 arg3
>
> then it argv[1..3] will point to them.
>
> is it a correct statement?

What do you mean by `argv' here?  The parameter passed to `main()'?
Or the return value of Guile's `command-line' procedure?

I hope I can provide better help when given more information :)

Best regards,
  'martin