Embedding Guile and regexp problems

From: Anthony W. Juckel
Subject: Embedding Guile and regexp problems
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:40:13 -0600

I've recently begun work on a GNUstep application for which I would like to use guile as an extension/calculation language. Now, I've recently run into a roadblock. I have some scheme code which makes use of regular expressions, and upon running that code, I get an exception, because match:substring and string-match are unbound within my embedded guile environment. Now, I've checked the value of *features* from within this embedded guile, and regex is indeed included, and as this is the only step the documentation cites to using regexp within guile I'm not sure where to proceed from here. Do I need to insert a particular module, or perhaps link my application against a particular library?

AWJ