All thread blocked on (accept socket)

From: Lamy Jean-Baptiste
Subject: All thread blocked on (accept socket)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:26:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'm writing a peer-to-peer protocol to share objects between dynamic OO
language; i currently use Guile and Python.

It is currently based on a thread that waits for connection on a socket,
and launches another thread to treat the request (as i want to be able to
serve many request at the same time). But it looks like, when the first
thread is waiting on a blocking "(accept socket)", all other threads are
blocked too and cannot treat their request...

Is that due to the non-native thread used by Guile ? I've tried with
"(select )" and it works fine...

The attached script shows this problem. test1 is the server, and test2 the

Thanks for any help, i'm just beginning learning Scheme !