Re: guile-1.7.0 - srfi-13 - Segmentation fault

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-1.7.0 - srfi-13 - Segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:26:33 -0300

Marius Vollmer wrote:

> David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I inadvertantly raised the following little problem using
> > #'string-titlecase from (srfi srfi-13), when applying the function
> > to a string that contains some (at least one) letters with accent,
> > such éàî ...
>
> Fixed!  Thanks!
>
>         * strop.c (string_capitalize_x): Treat characters as unsigned so
>         that 8-bit chars work.  Thanks to David Pirotte!

Great, it does not crash anymore. But there is now another little problem still,
I just downloaded the latest guile-1.7 cvs and:

        guile> (use-modules (srfi srfi-13))
        guile> (string-titlecase "LIège")
        "LièGe"                                         <== should be "Liège"
        guile> (string-capitalize "LIège")
        "LièGe"                                         <== should be "Liège"
        guile> (string-capitalize "LIege")
        "Liege"                                         ok
        guile> (string-capitalize "L'ECLUSE")
        "L'Ecluse"                                      ok
        guile> (string-capitalize "L'éCLUSE")
        "L'éCluse"                                      <== should be "L'écluse"

it appears that anything folling an 8-bit char is capitalised, where it should
not necessarily (I think)

the following is correct:

        guile> (string-capitalize "SAINT-JOSSE-TEN-NOODE")
        "Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode"

however,

        guile> (string-capitalize "être-élyse-n'est-pas-facile")
        "êTre-éLyse-N'Est-Pas-Facile"                   <== should be
"Etre-Elyse-N'Est-Pas-Facile"
                                                        (I think)

Thanks for the answer
Hope what I say helps,