Re: docs and misc

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: docs and misc
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 00:05:00 -0600

Lynn Winebarger <address@hidden> writes:

>    What's the status of the guile virtual machine?  I saw in the archives
> Mikael Djurfeldt saying they had got 20x the interpreted speed, but the
> guile-vm cvs module's changelog doesn't have any date after April 2001.

I don't think it's actually under further development right now --
I believe it's dormant.

FWIW I worked with/on hobbit and guile 1.5.X for a while, and
concluded (after some discussion) that before I spent any more time on
hobbit/vm/lightning, etc. guile needed a bit more fundamental work on
its executation model.  Until then I suspect it's going to be much
harder to make substantial progress on the other compilation fronts.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu