Re: The Romance project

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: The Romance project
Date: 02 Apr 2002 19:39:26 +0200

Lamy Jean-Baptiste <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone !
>
> I want to introduce Romance.
>
> Romance is an heterogeneous vision of programming / hacking. It relies on
> a light dynamic object sharing protocol for sharing between different
> programmic languages and programs (such as desktop applications).

<snip/>
Sounds interesting.

> Romance-Guile doesn't currently use GOOPS, but future version may do so, if
> i can figure how to write an object wrapper (= a stub) in GOOPS
> (__getattr__ in python, AUTOLOAD in Perl, does_not_understand in Smalltalk,
> but what is the GOOPS equivalent ?). Please help me !

I have started a project, named Yehia/uCXX (http://ucxx.sf.net),
allowing to expose a C++ API to GOOPS. Perhaps the code can help you.

Right now I'm working towards a new release, which includes the
mentioned Guile/GOOPS code (last release provided only Python). I hope
I'll release in the next month or so, but the code is pretty complete
right now, so if you're interested I can mail you a copy of my
development code.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden        | address@hidden |