Re: MEMOIZE_LOCALS (fwd)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: MEMOIZE_LOCALS (fwd)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:06:33 -0700

   From: Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:39:08 +0200 (CEST)

   Thus, the intention of the change is to simplify the code by removing
   a lot of dead #ifdef code parts, making the relevant parts of the
   code better readable.

yes, this is clear (from looking at eval.c).  in this case, no
performance degredation would be the expected outcome.

   Regarding my 'methods', I don't think there is much need to justify them.

(you have to justify them to yourself at least. :-)

   Typically I think of ways to improve guile, suggest changes and discuss
   with people whether these changes will make sense or not.  If there is a
   consensus and I find the time (time is the most critical part!), I will
   apply the changes.  So far, there have been only few complaints :-)

unfortunately, volume of complaints doesn't always correlate w/ quality.
i'm glad to see you involving guile-user, in any case.

thi