Re: Issues in ia64

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Issues in ia64
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 18:54:41 -0700

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 02 Jul 2002 21:01:25 +0200

   On 64-bit platforms, the tag alignment is still 8, and the machine
   alignment is at most 8, which gives again a total of 8.  So we are

probably we should find a reliable way to find out machine pointer
alignment requirements in case it is not as we assume.  any assumptions
we have should be made into a test for "make check" (although you could
consider building guile such a test it's not very fine-grained).

in any case, there is this to play w/ now:

this is a pre-vacation snapshot/work-in-progress release, about halfway
though the 1.4.2 tasks:

i'd appreciate it if people could bang on it (see if you can spot the
planted bugs ;-) for a few weeks so when i get back i can finish 1.4.2
w/ the learned feedback.

ciao for now,