Re: guile-pg

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-pg
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:22:14 -0500

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:24:36 -0800
Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

doanloaded and compiled ok, I just had to remove a line in

         #include <c.h>

> note that i use postgresql 7.1.3; patches to make guile-pg compatable w/
> later versions of postgresql welcome.  on the other hand, patches to
> make guile-pg compatible w/ later versions of guile should be sent to
> the guile maintainers.

I am using 7.2.3, and get the following error trying to load the module:

        address@hidden:~ 6 $ guile
        guile>  (use-modules (database postgres))
        /usr/local/share/guile/database/postgres.scm:42:9: In procedure
dynamic-link in expression (dynamic-link (car #)):
        /usr/local/share/guile/database/postgres.scm:42:9: file:
"/usr/local/lib/guile-pg/0.07ttn6/", message:
"/usr/local/lib/guile-pg/0.07ttn6/ undefined symbol: terminating"
        ABORT: (misc-error)

        Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the

I am not very helpfull, but here is where this symbol is used in

        address@hidden:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-pg-0.07ttn6 29 $ cfind
        extern int terminating;
                  if (!terminating)
        address@hidden:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-pg-0.07ttn6 30 $