Re: Efficiency and flexibility of hash-tables

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Efficiency and flexibility of hash-tables
Date: 10 Feb 2003 09:24:24 -0500

  Maybe one could re-use the GLib code, they have resizing hash tables.

This prompted a few questions:

  Would it be reasonable for guile to depend on glib?
  I wouldn't mind, but I suspect others would view this as a problem.

  If not, would a 'guile-glib' package that has interfaces to the glib
  functions be appropriate.  The new guile-gobject might support this
  already.

  Didn't Jay Glascoe have auto-resizing hash tables implemented before?

Using glib's implementation (in glib, not copying the code) really
seems preferable, either natively in guile or via (possibly enhanced)
guile-gobject.

        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>