Re: scm2bin.scm 1.0

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: scm2bin.scm 1.0
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:11:00 -0400

   From: Joshua Judson Rosen <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:00:16 -0400

   Then, with Paul's stanza, you could just leave SHELL as /bin/sh,
   couldn't you? ;)

that's the starting premise, so the answer is of course, yes.  what
other circular ponderings are we interested in today?

   If you're using `(getenv "SHELL")' somewhere inside your scripts, you
   could even set SHELL in the stanza..., though, it does seem hairier
   to manually add the same header to every one of your scripts, and
   that might be what your `scm2bin' is doing, as far as I know (I think
   that I'll go read it, now ;))....

thank you for being rational.

   But, I'm a little confused, now.... Just what kind of crontab entries
   are you writing?

the kind that show up in "watch pstree" as extra clutter when requiring
a cron to /bin/sh to guile double fork.  background:

 http://www.glug.org/maint/explanation.html

(guile-sources trimmed from cc.)

thi