Re: CVS problems?

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: CVS problems?
Date: 01 Dec 2003 19:08:44 +0000

Roland Orre <address@hidden> writes:

> When I'm trying to login at cvs repository
>
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/guile login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/guile co guile
>
> I get "Connection refused".
>
> Does anybody know if this this a temporary problem?
> or has something changed?

When trying to get gnulib's CVS archive recently, I had this same
problem, though the actual error message varied between yours,
unexpected EOF, et al.  Try just the co command.  If that doesn't
work, you should make sure outgoings to pserver (port 2401) are
allowed from your host.  They aren't from mine, so I have to use a
go-between to get guile HEAD.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

There is no point in waiting.
The train stopped running years ago.
All the schedules, the brochures,
The bright-colored posters full of lies,
Promise rides to a distant country
That no longer exists.

munitions MIT-LL Yukon Kennedy Firefly STARLAN sniper 22nd SAS TWA UOP
enemy of the state Maple global NASA CIA