Re: Worrying development

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Worrying development
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:44:19 +0100

   From: Roland Orre <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:34:25 +0100

   [matrix stuff, pthreads] The only thing which
   I'll be dependent on is goops support.

   [gc bits separate from tag bits]

   [gmp]

thanks for elaborating.  i think the matrix stuff and gmp will never
make it into guile 1.4.x core (perhaps it will be accessible as a module
at runtime).  i wonder if simply using unintegrated goops works.

as for pthreads and gc bits separation, i don't know enough (yet) about
the guile internals to say whether or not these changes can be done in a
backward-compatible manner.  we will see...

thi