Re: GC missed reference on Windows

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GC missed reference on Windows
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:04:37 +0200

Hi,

One day, 2 hours, 15 minutes, 33 seconds ago,
Neil Jerram wrote:
> If anyone has seen anything like these problems before, or has any tips
> on how to debug them, I'd appreciate your input.

Running Guile 1.6.4 within Valgrind [1] actually shows quite a lot of
suspicious things, most notably use of uninitialized values or
conditional jumps that depend on uninitialized values in the GC code
(eg. in `scm_gc_mark ()' IIRC).  I haven't tried to dig into this so far
due to lack of time and I don't have Valgrind right here so I can't give
you more details.  Did anyone try that before?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[1] http://valgrind.kde.org/
    Note that Valgrind is only available for GNU/Linux on x86 machines.