[Scheme Steering Committee announcements] Anton von Straaten appointed t

From: Mitchell Wand
Subject: [Scheme Steering Committee announcements] Anton von Straaten appointed to Scheme Editors Committee
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:39:23 -0400

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Anton van Straaten to the Scheme Language Editors Committee. Anton's service began on 26-27 May 2005, when he attended a meeting of the Editors Committee.

As we reviewed the 21 names that were suggested by the current editors and by the community, Anton's name came up over and over again. As both a commercial user of Scheme and a developer of programming language tools, Anton balances an understanding of the requirements of Scheme users with a thorough practical and theoretical understanding of programming language design. We are certain that he will be an asset to the Editors Committee.

Sincerely,
Alan, Guy, and Mitch

Alan Bawden <address@hidden>
Guy Steele <address@hidden>