Re: Getting scheme error informations when running scheme code from C

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting scheme error informations when running scheme code from C
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:11:08 +0200

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, you might like to know that my guile-debugging package
> includes a kind of Emacs display-backtrace front end.  In other words,
> when an error occurs, the stack is popped up in Emacs, and Emacs will
> pop up the source code for each frame, and so on.  Although the raw
> backtrace information is the same (as if you just do a
> display-backtrace to some port), I've found this front end to be
> effective in allowing me to analyze backtraces very quickly.

That sounds nice!

What are your plans wrt. to distribution of guile-debugging?  Are you
willing to eventually integrate it into Guile, or to keep distributing
it as a separate package?  In the latter case, it would cool if somebody
volunteered to create a Debian package for it.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.