problems running guile

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: problems running guile
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:54:19 +1000

I'm unable to start guile. I get the message

ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

I looked on this list before and found a reference  in Alan Grover's
message of 24/09/2005 saying that if I pasted

(define-module (ice-9 slib))
(load-from-path "slib/guile.init") into

things might work. As I had this problem once before I use Lilypond which
uses the guile interpreter. I did this and everything worked fine.

However I updated Lilypond since this and the problem has reappeared.

When I repasted the snippet into the file this time, things did not get

Does anyone have any suggestions?