Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:58:05 -0700

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> The two developers who have thought most on this subject in the past
> are Marius (Vollmer) and Rob (Browning), and they've both been out of
> circulation for the last week or so.  No doubt one of them will
> respond when they catch up with the list.

I just noticed this thread, though I haven't read it yet.  For better
or for worse, I've been busy enough recently that I haven't been
watching guile-user very closely.  (I *have* been paying some
attention to guile-devel.)

With respect to this issue, I may well have some comments, but it
might also be a bit before I can read carefully, try and remember the
issues involved, and then come up with something useful to say.

Also, with the exception of high priority issues (and please let me
know if there are any), my primary focus for now will be the 1.6.8
release.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu