Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7
Date: 31 Oct 2005 17:42:56 -0500

I got it to work, and it is non-global.  As I see it, the ice-9 slib
module has a bunch of definitions, and programs that want to use them,
including require, have to use-module it.  This is how it always
worked.  I ended up doing it the same way, except using guile.init
instead of the homegrown copy, but still exporting.

Here's the code snippet from ice-9/slib.scm, with use of load that
respects the prefix (NetBSD/pkgsrc puts things in /usr/pkg, not /usr).

(define-module (ice-9 slib)
  :export (slib:load
           implementation-vicinity
           library-vicinity
           home-vicinity
           scheme-implementation-type
           scheme-implementation-version
           make-random-state
           require)
  :no-backtrace)

;; Load slib's init routine.
(load (string-append (assoc-ref %guile-build-info 'pkgdatadir)
                     "/slib/guile.init"))

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>