Re: Another load path idea

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Another load path idea
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:39:33 +0100

Hi,

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> A question though. What is the problem which is being solved here?
>
> That's escaped me too.
>
> (I have a feeling the present "site" dir is modelled on emacs, I
> haven't been able to follow why it's not enough ...)

Roughly, the point is that some packages may want to install elsewhere,
not in `site'.  Therefore, the _default_ value of `%load-path' needs to
be configurable.  Typically, a package that installs to `/opt/foo' may
want to tell Guile to add this directory to its default `%load-path'.

Then, for a summary of the important stages of this everlasting
discussion, you may want to look at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2006-01/msg00064.html .
;-)

Thanks,