Re: ANN: libRUIN project development release 0.1.1

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: ANN: libRUIN project development release 0.1.1
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:37:50 -0500

Hi Ludovic,
  Yes, the interface description is interpreted at runtime, though it
is amost immediately converted to SXML, an S-expression-based
representation that is isomorphic to the original XML.  The C
structures that are used during rendering are tightly bound to the
spine of this S-expression (which is just a list).  I'm open to the
idea of a "compiled" document, but it'd need to somehow maintain a
mapping to the structure of the original document, since
event-handling scripts need to be able to refer to this structure via
the DOM -- for exaple, in order to dynamically add and remove UI
elements.
  I was planning to add other rendering targets, such as GTK+, but I
wanted to see if there was any way to use existing libraries -- such
as, say, Mozilla Gecko -- before really diving in on that one.

Thanks for your remarks!
Julian