Re: problems in guile installation,help me

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: problems in guile installation,help me
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:20:17 -0600

Hi Gopi,
Try adding, in eval.c, a line just before line 44, which is as follows:

#undef alloca

See if that works. If so, I would file a bug report, with details about your BSD system, and what you had to do to make it work.

I'm doubtful that this is a real solution to the underlying problem, but it should be a quick fix that gets you up and running with guile.
Regards,
Jon

Gopi kumaran wrote:
Hi Jon,
Thanks for your reply. I somehow solved that problem. Now I am getting a new error in make command in guile. The error says that
 eval.c:44:1: "alloca" redefined
In file included from ../libguile/scmconfig.h:29,
                     from ../libguile/__scm.h:76,
                     from eval.c:36:
/usr/include/stdlib.h:230:1: this is the location of the previous definition
Error code 1
Expecting your early reply regards Gopi
*/Jon Wilson <address@hidden>/* wrote:

    Hi Gopi,
    Could you please send plain text emails with the actual message in
    the
    body of the email rather than an attached forwarded message? This
    sort
    of thing is slightly annoying and makes it slightly more difficult
    for
    us to help you.

    I'm not really familiar with the BSDs, but perhaps you need to run
    ldconfig (8).

    From the manpage:

    "/sbin/ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run time bindings"

    This is often required after installing new shared libraries. If you
    forget this step, the dynamic loader doesn't know where to find the
    libs, regardless of them being in the correct directory. Also, before
    running ldconfig (as root, btw), make sure that the directory your
    new
    shared libs are in is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, otherwise
    ldconfig will
    not think to look there.

    Of course, I don't know that BSD uses the same dynamic loading
    system as
    linux, so if you don't find ldconfig or ld.so.conf, ignore this
    message.

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,
    Jon