Re: Compiling guile on mingw32

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Compiling guile on mingw32
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:05:07 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Røsdal <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to compile guile 1.8.1 for the mingw32 platform on Windows.
> When running configure, I get this error message:
>

> checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... no
> configure: error: libltdl not found.  See README.
>

> However, I have compiled and installed libtool. (libtool-1.5.22)

[...]

> checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: GNU MP not found, see README
>
> Then I compiled and installed GNU MP (gmp-4.2.1).
> However, I the above still occurs after installing GNU MP.

Can you look at the generated `config.log' and find the relevant lines?
That is, search for "ltdl" and "gmp"; `config.log' will contain the
exact compiler/linker error message that led it to think libltdl and GMP
are not available, and it will also contain a line indicating "failed
program was:", followed by the program that failed to compile/link.

That should be helpful in trying to nail down the exact cause of the
problem.

Thanks,
Ludovic.