Re: compile error: "LC_CTYPE_MASK" redefined

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: compile error: "LC_CTYPE_MASK" redefined
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:40:04 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, i did a fresh co again. Then ./, configure. Now it
> doesn't complain anymore.

The thing is new configure checks were added that `AC_DEFINE' various
new CPP variables.  For some reason, when `configure' is automatically
re-created from the Makefile rules, the header template (i.e.,
`') is not re-created, so we end up with missing `#define's.
It actually looks like an Autoconf/Automake bug.

> Do i still have to rerun ./, configure again after some `cvs
> update' ? I thought i only need to rerun make and make install..

Usually, `make' should be enough.  Sometimes, `autoheader' right before
`make' can be helpful.  :-)

> debian + powerpc

The new i18n code should compile and work fine on GNU/Linux (which is
what most of us use).  There *could* be problems on other systems,
although we haven't had any such reports in a while.