Can scm_shell be interrupted?

From: Remco Bras
Subject: Can scm_shell be interrupted?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:54:59 +0200

I have a question about guile. I'd like to know if it is feasible to run a
guile REPL and control when it runs. For example, consider the following
scenario. A package may or may not have a thread running scm_shell, when the
user requests that the package runs an REPL. The package responds by running
scm_shell in a thread and keeping that thread's ID. If the user wants the
package to stop the REPL at any moment, is there a way to do this safely?

Thanks in advance,

Remco Bras