Re: "Pace is nothing without guile"

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: "Pace is nothing without guile"
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:24:18 -0400

My immediate reaction is that test suites aren't good benchmarks because
we will often want to add to test suites, while changing the benchmark
invalidates previous data so we will not want to change the benchmark.

Now, if you mean to use the test suite as a collection of
micro-benchmarks, so that we just have a rule that individual tests
aren't modified without serious cause, but new ones can be added, then
that makes senes.