Re: What new libraries or functionality does Guile need?

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: What new libraries or functionality does Guile need?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

Julian-
There are a couple of ways to do HTTP client stuff already.
TTN's Guile-WWW will do http GET.  It has the advantage of being very schemey.
Depending on you Guile setup, it may need modification.  Last time I tried to
use it some time ago, it back-ported (fore-ported?) easily enough.  IIRC there
was some little thing about macros that needed to be simplified to get it to
work.  I don't remember exactly.  It doesn't (or perhaps didn't) do POST,
though.
Alternately, Guile-GNOME has the Gnome-vfs interface wrapped.  This does some
http client stuff.
I think either of these would be enough for simple things.
But in terms of more featureful libraries that could be adapted/wrapped, I
rather like libcurl.  Bigloo scheme has bindings for this one.  It does all the
LDAP and https stuff.
But then again libcurl doesn't do webdav.
The neon client library does do webdav.
-Mike Gran