Re: Just in case...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Just in case...
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 00:15:00 -0700

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

> Many thanks for handling this, Rob.

Certainly.  Just wish I'd done it sooner.  In any case, I've notified
debian-release, and presuming we can work out the remaining issues, I
think things may be OK.

> The ia64 one is fully understood; you just need to add
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=guile.git;a=commit;h=78aa4a8850396801f2e5515565d051b45b4f15b5

OK, I'll install this in a new upload, perhaps tomorrow.

> The hppa symptom is the same as (mips, mipsel, powerpc) were seeing
> before the latest patches.  What kind of architecture is hppa?

One place to ask questions would probably be debian-hppa
(http://www.debian.org/ports/hppa), and there's also the build log.
In addition, I may be able to run some code on an hppa machine if we
can figure out something appropriate.

> Is there any chance that the patches somehow didn't take for that
> arch?

The patches should have made it.  You can see the exact patch in the
new source package in
debian/patches/improve-stack-direction-test.diff.  It should be very
close to the upstream version.

> Out of interest, what is the difference between Building and Built
> statuses?

Hmm, I didn't know either, but here's a description:

  http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states

Thanks
--
Rob Browning