Re: eval and exceptions

From: Maciek Godek
Subject: Re: eval and exceptions
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:32:34 +0200

cedric cellier:

> For the concern about malicious users I will address this later, when
> and if eventually there will be any actual user :)

OK, let me know how's the progress sometime,
because I'm extremely interested in the topic

>> I've been trying to address this problem by implementing a network
>> oriented object system. I'm still working on it and it's still far from
>> completion, but if you're interested, you can find the specification
>> in this list's archives:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2008-07/msg00094.html
>
> I will have a look, although honestly I don't think I will understand
> anything. Scheme have a tendancy to quickly turn into black magic as
> soon as quotations enter the play.

Well, certainly scheme is magic :)
It really isn't so difficult (during the first reading just go on if you
don't understand something). I'd be more than pleased to explain it
to you if you were interested. (my biggest problem to work on the
project is the lack of motivation, since there's no one to motivate
me -- and I think we both have more or less the same goals)