[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

guile-lib changes

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: guile-lib changes
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:36:07 +0100
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)

Hi Guile-libbers,

A few changes in Guile-Lib.

 (1) I'm looking at upping the dependency from Guile 1.6 to 1.8, as that
     will let me remove things from Guile-Lib as they are added to 1.8
     and 2.0 (on both branches). An example of this already having
     occurred is SRFI-34 and SRFI-35, both of which are in master and

 (2) I removed (math rationalize), as its core functionality,
     `rationalize', has been in Guile since 1.8.

 (3) I removed (container queue), as it was undocumented, and completely
     identical to (ice-9 q) besides some naming. I think the only reason
     that it was in Guile-Lib was because of some ontological
     namespacing crusade that is not really worthwhile IMO. If we are to
     clean up and document some of the code that's in `ice-9', we should
     do so in Guile itself. "Drain the swamp!" :)

 (4) I committed the important patches that were in (scheme session) to
     (ice-9 session), on master. I'm waiting for Neil or Ludo to weigh
     in before merging them to 1.8.

 (5) I cleaned up all of the licensing blocks, updating GPL and LGPL
     licenses to version 3+, and clarifying which modules were in the
     public domain.

I'll be pushing to savannah as soon as their admins to a final review,
at which point I'll mail with details regarding the web site, etc.

I'll be rolling a new release soon. Now would be a great time to re-send
those patches that I lost in the past ;)



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]