[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:36:07 +0100
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
A few changes in Guile-Lib.
(1) I'm looking at upping the dependency from Guile 1.6 to 1.8, as that
will let me remove things from Guile-Lib as they are added to 1.8
and 2.0 (on both branches). An example of this already having
occurred is SRFI-34 and SRFI-35, both of which are in master and
(2) I removed (math rationalize), as its core functionality,
`rationalize', has been in Guile since 1.8.
(3) I removed (container queue), as it was undocumented, and completely
identical to (ice-9 q) besides some naming. I think the only reason
that it was in Guile-Lib was because of some ontological
namespacing crusade that is not really worthwhile IMO. If we are to
clean up and document some of the code that's in `ice-9', we should
do so in Guile itself. "Drain the swamp!" :)
(4) I committed the important patches that were in (scheme session) to
(ice-9 session), on master. I'm waiting for Neil or Ludo to weigh
in before merging them to 1.8.
(5) I cleaned up all of the licensing blocks, updating GPL and LGPL
licenses to version 3+, and clarifying which modules were in the
I'll be pushing to savannah as soon as their admins to a final review,
at which point I'll mail with details regarding the web site, etc.
I'll be rolling a new release soon. Now would be a great time to re-send
those patches that I lost in the past ;)
- guile-lib changes,
Andy Wingo <=