strange listener behavior after a 'in escape sequence' error in guile-1.

From: David Séverin
Subject: strange listener behavior after a 'in escape sequence' error in guile-1.8
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:34:56 -0300

Hello,

        debian
        2.6.26-1-vserver-686
        guile 1.8.5+1-4.1

Through a mistake of mine, I raised something 'strange' in guile-1.8
that did not occur in guile-1.6 [see here below], and was wondering if
it is the expected behavior?

Cheers,
David

;; --

In some of my code, I wrongly escaped a character which did not need
to be, as is:

        "On\/Before"

In guile-1.6, it just returns the string "On/Before"

In guile-1.8, I get an error, which is fine, but then and there after
the listener gets crasy what ever you are trying to evaluate, until I
provoque a 'User interrupt':

        address@hidden:/usr/local/share/guile/alto 6 $ guile
            /usr/alto/admin/guile/init.scm
            Guile 1.8.5
            %load-path
        ("/usr/share/guile/site"
         "/usr/share/guile/1.8"
         "/usr/share/guile"
         "/usr/local/share/guile/alto/1.8"
         "/usr/local/share/guile/alto"
         "/usr/local/share/guile"
         "/usr/local/pgsql/lib"
         "/usr/local/lib"
         ".")
        guile>  "On\/Before"
        ERROR: In procedure scm_lreadr:
        ERROR: standard input:1:7: illegal character in escape sequence: #\/
        ABORT: (read-error)
        guile> ERROR: Unbound variable: Before
        ABORT: (unbound-variable)
        guile> "bibi"
        "
        "
        guile> ERROR: Unbound variable: bibi
        ABORT: (unbound-variable)
[*]     guile> (exit)
          C-c C-cERROR: User interrupt
        ABORT: (signal)
        guile> (exit)
        address@hidden:/usr/local/share/guile/alto 8 $

[*]: nothing happens until i C-c and call (exit) again ...